July 25, 2008

Biker passes through Markle

He missed getting one of Indiana's best steak burgers by two minutes so he went on to Huntington where he ordered a Coney dog basket and tried to upgrade the free root beer to a root beer float:

I was in the mood for a root beer float, so asked if they would make me one, and the girl on the other end of the speaker box said "no", you have to buy a root beer float. So I said OK, I'll do that, and she asked "do you still want the free root beer too?" At this point I became Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces. You remember the famous scene where Jack wants to order wheat toast and has to get a chicken salad sandwich on toast, hold the chicken salad to do it? I decided to tell her "Forget about the float, just bring me the free root beer and a small vanilla cone, hold the cone and just put the ice cream in the free root beer". She said, that would be a root beer float then and she'd have to charge me for that. We are NOT in the South anymore. No wonder Dan Quayle came from here.

It looks like an interesting trip.

No comments: