July 20, 2009

Section 1233

It's bad enough that any bill would be so large to have thousands of sections and be pushed through so quickly that none of us can read what's to be imposed upon us, but Section 1233 of H.R. 3200 (The Health Care Bill) is a particularly annoying section:

The section, titled “Advanced Care Planning Consultation” requires senior citizens to meet at least every 5 years with a doctor or nurse practitioner to discuss dying with dignity. The section requires that they talk to their doctor, not a lawyer, about living wills, durable healthcare powers of attorney, hospice, etc.

The day I follow that law... the day my government can force me to discuss any particular thing with my doctor... well, lets just say I won't wait five years to tell my representative what I think about it.

1 comment:

Computer Rescue said...

And this is bad because....