1) "The Nutcracker" – Presented by Fort Wayne Ballet; 8 p.m. Friday, 2:30 and 8 p.m. Saturday, 2:30 p.m. Sunday; Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Fort Wayne Children's Choir perform at 8 p.m. today and Saturday; Arts United Center, 303 E. Main St.; tickets, 484-9646. Ends Dec. 9.
2) "It's A Wonderful Life" – 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday; First Presbyterian Theater, 300 W. Wayne St.; $8; 422-6329. Ends Dec. 23.
3) Auburn Festival of Trees – Ends Jan. 7; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily; World War II Victory Museum and Kruse Automotive & Carriage Museum, both located in Auburn; tickets, 260-927-9144.
4) Festival of Trees preview celebration, 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, $12; 1 to 7 p.m. Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday; Creative Arts Council of Wells County, 211 Water St., Bluffton; $3 adults, $2 children; 260-824-5222.
5) "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" – 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Thursday; Pulse Opera House, Warren; $12 adults, $5 ages 12 and younger; 260-375-7017 or www.pulseoperahouse.org. Ends Dec. 8.
6) "Royal Feastes" Madrigal Dinner – 8 p.m. Friday, 5 and 8 p.m. Saturday; Walb Union Ballroom, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E.; $400, $320, $30, $25; 481-6811.
7) "The Gift of Magi" – Performed by Huntington University Theatre Ensemble; 9 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday; Studio Theatre, Merillat Centre for the Arts, Huntington University, Huntington; $2; 260-359-4261.
8) "A Christmas Celebration" – Presented by Wind Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Women's Chorale, Handbell Choir; 7:30 p.m.; Zurcher Auditorium, Merillat Centre for the Arts, Huntington University, Huntington; $5 adults, $3 seniors and students; 260-359-4261.
9) Holiday Ball – 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Dec. 14, reservations due today; Community Center, 233 W. Main St.; $14; for ages 21 and older; 427-6460.
10) Lakes Area Madrigal Dinner – Ends Dec. 8; 7 p.m.; Oakwood Christian Retreat Center, Lake Wawasee, Syracuse; $30 includes show and meal; for matinee schedule, call 574-457-5600.
And let me just add 11) The University of Saint Francis Planetarium Star of Bethlehem 2007
Join us under the Mid-Eastern sky of 3 B.C. and follow the star of the Wise Men. During the live portion of the show, planetarium staff will guide you to the wonders of this winter's Fort Wayne night sky.
Our Show schedules are as follows:
Saturday, December 1st ~ 3:00 pm and 7:30 pm
Sunday, December 2nd ~ 3:00 pm and 7:45 pm
Friday, December 7th ~ 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 8th ~ 3:00 pm and 7:30 pm
Sunday, December 9th ~ 5:00 pm
Friday, December 14th ~ 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 15th ~ 3:00 pm and 7:30 pm
Sunday, December 16th ~ 5:00 pm
This year we have a 'Pre-show' for early arrivals. They will be seated in Gunderson Auditorium which will feature photos and video clips from the recently completed Space Shuttle Discovery STS-120 mission to the International Space Station.
Later in the month, we will include live feed, real-time video coverage of the Atlantis STS-122 mission to the ISS as available from NASA TV. Atlantis is currently scheduled to launch December 6th. There is no additional charge for the pre-show. It will begin 30 minutes before the announced time for each Star of Bethlehem show and you can join in at any time following the purchase of your Star of Bethlehem ticket.